Thursday, October 8, 2015

Changing Seasons

As the leaves are changing colors and there is frost on the grass in the morning, I realize that, while I love summer, it is coming to an end.  I love summer for many, many reasons, but one is that summer is an exceptionally busy seasons for an extension agent.  While I wish there were more hours in the day and a little more sleep in the night, I spend my summer surrounded by fabulous youth and adults in very positive pursuits.  I often repeat my mantra “better a full life, than a dull life” during the summer months.  And full it was!

Some of the 4-H events through the summer included the Textile Training, Leadership Retreat, Textile Judging, Teton County 4-H Fair, 4-H Congress, 4-H Camp, 4-H Interstate Exchange and 4-H BioScience!  The saying is that a picture is worth a thousand words, so I’ll keep my words brief and my photos abundant.  Below are the June photos including textile judging, leadership retreat and county fair.  

Textile show judging.  Could you sew like this?  
4-H Leadership Retreat.  Teens practicing leadership skills!
4-H -- It's about raising blue ribbon people!

Fair allows members to interview and explain the skills they learned and areas where they know they could improve.  Talk about job readiness training.  





 Teton County 4-H Fair includes interviews, judging, livestock and small animal shows and more!








 Lifelong friends are made through 4-H, along with life skills!
































 4-H youth are essential to the operation of the Teton County Fair and develop business, professional, communication and organization skills.



 The Clover Chorus sings the Star Spangled Banner at one of the hottest Teton County Fairs on record since it moved to the last full weekend in June in 1999.





No comments:

Post a Comment